Climbing Perch Fish - Los Angeles 90025 - PU Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
Climbing Perch Fish for sale (Rare Find in LA).

Approximate Size - 6-7"

Price $75 OBO

I bought this fish about 2 years ago from a small LFS in Santa Monica. The fish looked unique and thought to myself I would give it a try. It soon became one of my favorite fish. The Climbing Perch fish originates from Southeast Asia and is considered by some as both a delicacy and a Spiritual Relic. The fish is used to trap evil spirits from the 'possessed' and when cared for in an aquarium, it is also thought to prevent evil spirits from entering your home. The locals call it - Ikan Puyu.

Temperament - I have kept this fish with both aggressive and non aggressive fish: Cichlids - African and American, Eels, Bichirs, Barbs, Tetra - you name it. The fish is currently housed with a Female Festae, Fire Eel, Male Salvini, Ornate Bichir and a few others. Basically, this fish doesn't instigate, but it can certainly hold its own against a similar sized fish. Note: It will prey on smaller fish (anything under 2").

Personality - It's not the kind of fish that chases you or other fish around, rather a fish that likes to swim, mind its own business, and often perch on random objects in the aquarium.

Unique Quality - This fish has a swim bladder which allows it to breathe air! In the wild, it will often swim onto land and use its unique gills to maneuver across land to relocate to another watery location.

Very awesome fish! Highly recommend to anyone with an Oddball Aquarium, or anyone who wants something different. It is an ornament piece to any Aquarium owner who can provide at least 55 Gallons or more.

Feel free to PM your number for pics. I will try to upload some later today.

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
If i can sell before Sunday, I will also throw in the salvini or devilxparrot for free. I am changing up the tank and new arrivals come on Sunday.

Buyers choice.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store