Asian vs Jardini temperment

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I have kept over 20 Asian aros and never had a problem with any tank mates

If you keep your tank clear and open if you have decor and the aro see a fish popping it's head out every now and then it will attack
Also grow the aro from young with different types and sizes of fish

My 28" red can be kept with 6" dats no problem and it's not the only one I have had like that

Jars are just killer some may say they can mix them with other fish but them cases are few and far between

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Are you planning on keeping them with just the rays or other tankmates too? In my experience jardinis usually fight with pbass, cichlids, and other arowanas. I've never had one attack rays, bichirs, or even my gars. I've had 2 but had to get rid of them when I got into bass.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
In case you were not aware, Asian arowana illegal in the states.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've always kept my jardini with tank mates big cats , birchirs as mentioned work well , maybe one or two tuff cichlids from a young age along with some ditherer fish to attract some of the attention but expect casualty's most jars go crazed killers once hit 10"+ unless the tank mates can handle it they won't last long once it starts
As for bass I've tried it they didn't last I've found bass to be very weak when it comes to constant jardini bullying , unless there loads bigger than the jar and then you run the risk of the jar being swallowed or eventually catching them up in size then over powering them
I've never kept Asians but I've got mates with some , some of them I've noticed like my mates rtg excepts tank mates that are smaller than him or pose no threat for tank space like clown loach , rays and cats but like jardini will still fight for upper level territory with cichlids , bass
Yet others I've seen are fine with everything people decide to house them with :confused:
I guess its a case of trying tank mates out as each aro's behaviour is so different

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
In case you were not aware, Asian arowana illegal in the states.
He does he is trying to gage an Asian vs jardini to see how the jar would work with rays as lots of people keep asian with rays.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store