starting from scratch plumbing questions

kndmercer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2014
United States
Starting this tank from scratch and here is my idea for plumbing any input is greatly appreciated

Tank size is 270 gallons...back glass is 117" front glass is 79" and depth is 19.5" glass on all sides bottom is solid eventually I will have soft corals not a huge fan of the hard corals

I am going with a egg crate, pond foam and live rock background that will also cover to the edge of the tank before the diagonal glass piece 7"

I want to plumb my powerheads directly into the return line to avoid having to place additional equipment that could fall. I am planning on using pvc pipe with a cap on the top of it and holes drilled around it for wayer flow then I can also cover with live rock to hide them.

The ☆ will be about 2" tall with holes drilled all the way around it connected to the return with a gate valve so I can control the amount of flow this will run constantly

The ■ will be "surge powerheads" will be taller (not sure on this yet give me your thoughts" close to water level shooting down into the tank on a timer also plumbed independently form the other "powerheads"

I can either plumb each individually or run my pipe under the sand bed. Had anyone done this? Any tips would be greatly appreciated

20141125_133031.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store