Coffee Table Pond Filter Need Help?

Scott Yager

Gambusia
Sep 4, 2012
Ok So i just acquired a pair of Motoro Stingrays F12" and M9". They are still at the previous owners house temporarily until I finish the pond.

The plan is 6x3x1.5 ft Main tank. Framed 8" insted of 16" like a house. Plywood on all sides. Firestone 45mil Liner inside. Where I am having issue is sorting the Filtration. I was thinking 20gal long tank with a 1000gph return pump k1 and filters at the overflow for mechanical.

This will be covered with giant lid essentially that will be locked down with a few pains of acrylic for viewing.

Need advice on Quanity of K1 and if the 20 is big enough. The rays are the only inhabitants except maybe a BGK later in life. They are currently in a tank with one so I am not worried about that too bad.

If you want to light me up about something I underestimate feel free just be respectful I will listen as I only plan on making this tank once.

But I was thinking 4 gallons of K1. If I did the math based on calculators I have found this should be right. If not help out. Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store