Green Terror and Cherry Barbs as tank mates?????

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I have a 2 - 2.5 inch green terror in my 60 gallon with a 2 inch musk turtle. I want to create a community around him until he is full grown. I love Cherry Barbs so I just want Opinions on how cherry barbs would do in this tank.

***Mrs. Nicky***

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
Well it depends on the GTs temperament if its peaceful towards other fish you should be able to use full grown cherry barbs but if not it might not work well when it gets bigger or can catch them.

Sent from my SCH-R830C

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
The GT temperament is pretty mellow. The GT may be a female because she only flares up at my female jack dempsey.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
Any pics of it?

Sent from my SCH-R830C

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
I see a small kok forming so I think its a male due

Sent from my SCH-R830C

GreenTerror7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2011
So cal/ LAX
It's a female but I wouldn't worry about the cherry barbs. They're too quick and at that size the green terror wouldn't think of hunting them
A juvenile male at that size would look like this more blue and thicker orange trim image.jpg

image.jpg

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
It's a female but I wouldn't worry about the cherry barbs. They're too quick and at that size the green terror wouldn't think of hunting them
A juvenile male at that size would look like this more blue and thicker orange trim View attachment 1049243
Ooh pretty! I want a boy :)
But I think a female will be good for me because they are less aggressive and they don't get as big. Besides my GT has a great personality!
Sent from my SCH-R970C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store