BD's with Big spots???

RayFanatic2014

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2014
Mount Prospect, Illinois
I've noticed some Black diamonds with some huge spots. They look amazing. Are these some sort of hybrids, and if so what is the mix? If not, please share?

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
There are 3 main types of BD sometimes with an overlap in traits. Big spot (selling for astronomical sums for quality) thousand Island, and Eclipse.

Many big spot have some henlei genes mixed in with the Asian specimens. But mainly BD'S bred for traits over generations.

Years ago thousand Island and Eclipse were King. Now big spot rules high dollar market imo.

abjr

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2011
In my tank
Are there any pictures of the 3 different bd together to get comparison

Sent from my SM-N900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
This is a picture that another member posted I think Vincentwung a while back

First is thousand with some Eclipse. Others big spot

uploadfromtaptalk1416975855775.jpg

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
I've noticed some Black diamonds with some huge spots. They look amazing. Are these some sort of hybrids, and if so what is the mix? If not, please share?
Not hybrids just black diamonds with big spots. Pictures all over this site and the internet.

Are there any pictures of the 3 different bd together to get comparison

Sent from my SM-N900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Dieselhybrid supplied you with some but if you just google the net you will find your different patterned black diamonds. Some with big spots,small spots,doughnut spots,lots of little spots called "thousand island".

julian270

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
The Deep
ive never seen a wild caught picture of any bd looking close to them big spot. Or even that white of spotting but just my observation. Man I wish I could get a hold of some nice rays.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I know some breeders that don't feed pellets because it causes the white colors to start to brown and wash out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store