Hello!

theresa o

Feeder Fish
Nov 26, 2014
pittsburgh pa
Hi I am new to the page. what brings me here is a net search. I live in Pittsburgh PA and I have an 18" iridescent shark. Shes around 10 yrs old and in a 5 gallon tank. The problem is she's much too big and keeps flipping out and hurting herself. I have taken everything out of the tank aside from the heater and filter. This morning during an episode, she broke the heater and sent shards of glass everywhere. I am at my wits end and I'm looking for some advice....sending out an SOS....

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
I like how a 18" fish could not physically fit into that tank unless it was chopped up.

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
I think she means 55 gallon. But hopefully 500...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

philducati

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2014
FV
get the submersible heater for your tank size then put it horizontal to the bottom of your tank

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I think u should call a lfs and see if any store would be willing to take it back as it seems the fish is a bit much for you. Or find someone with a 300g or larger tank and give them the fish. U can always clarify the statements u've made but everyone on the forum wants to see it in a better place.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

theresa o

Feeder Fish
Nov 26, 2014
pittsburgh pa
sorry, I apologize for the mistake, I meant 75 gallon. (I have nerve damage in my hand so sometimes that happens.) But no need for some of you to be so rude about it. I'll find help somewhere a little less judgmental. Thanks anyway.

Devzev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2014
nyc/nj
I wasnt being judemental. And i dont think anyone was trying to be rude
I think when you bought the fish u didnt realize how large it is meant to fully grow
I made the same mistake last year. I bought 3 iridescent shark (. 2 albino 1 black) and put them in my already stocked 240 gallon
I am in the process of trying to sell them to a bigger home
If i would've known i wouldnt have purchased
They can grow to over 3 feet. And they get big in all directions. A gar can also grow to that size but only really in lenght
U must see the iridescent in person to really understand how big they are

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store