USA
Electric eel. Only fish I'm afraid to own lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
humm so a gar or a salt water alligator? can not throw reptiles in with fish. or snails.

for fish that folks actually keep? Dovii a mean one, top of the cichlid chain. umbies right behind.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Are we talking pond for pond or outwright killer/aggresive? Cause wolf fish are ambush predators with big size and a mean bite, butthey arent like a big dovii, these guys smash into the tank walls just when someone enters the room. But a big dovii would be b****slapped by a big wykii(spelling?) Catfish like the ones arapimag has, you know the ones that are 60+" that beat up 6.5' araipimas...but as you mentioned any freshwater animal its got to be a croc or big male bull shark, but who owns one of them? Buy this ia just my opinion, others will differ

Sent from my GT-S6810P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
There is or was a 100 pages+ thread about this..

Piss of a micropeltes or gatf enough and it will be the end of whatever you put in the tank.. Their fuse is pretty long though.. If you just want stupid aggression go for some male cichlid..

And yes, there is a full fresh water population of bull sharks so technically they could be considered a fresh water fish.. I would probably still take my chances with one rather than a 10' micro/gatf/aimara.. They dont mind separating prey into smaller pieces..

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
And yes, there is a full fresh water population of bull sharks so technically they could be considered a fresh water fish.. I would probably still take my chances with one rather than a 10' micro/gatf/aimara.. They dont mind separating prey into smaller pieces..[/QUOTE]
Giant snakeheads, gatfs and aimara dont get 10'. The micros get 6ish if that and the gatf and aimara around 4-5' in the wild, in captivity alot less. But you dont keep bull sharks in tanks either. In the wild, in there enviroment they are all top class predators, but the bull shark will attack you 90% of the time. So thats my pick for top freshwater meany. But if we are talking tank fish then like i sais aggression and ability to destroy a prey item are different.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store