My dream tank..What would you put in it?

Jhncf

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
I'm talking realistically here, we'd all love to have an absolute monster of a tank but I will be looking at having an 8-10x4x3 built in a couple of years when I move into a new place. If you had a 10x4x3 tank ready to stock, what would you put in it :D?

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I'd probably overstock it with SA/CA cichlids lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
My 2 cents...I try to think (sometimes) about what I can do with a thing that is unique or is doing something with that thing that only it can do.

Many fish that people keep can be kept in smaller tanks than 10x4x3. For those fish, a bigger tank means keeping more of them or more variety or being under stocked. (Not that any of those things are bad, but they are just one way of looking at it.) However...there are some fish that just can't be kept properly in a smaller tank.

Those are the ones I'd put in a 10x4x3. One could really raise one or more of those kinds of monsters to full size and that'd be my choice.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
+1.

A10 foot tank starts getting good for a Tigrinus.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Stock with numerous smaller CA Cichlids, Honduran red points, meeki, pasionis, rainbow cichlids, some schooling fish like buenos aires tetra, group of both green phantom plecos and gold nugget plecos. Basically what I have now but in much greater numbers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store