Tiger Barb and Green Terror tank mates????

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I just bought 8 tiger barbs today that are in with my small 2 inch green terror in my 60 gallon tank. I am just wondering if I have room for anymore fish? If so what would be good tank mates for my current fish? I plan to keep my GT until it gets bigger then I will decide if I want to rehome him or not.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bigcatfishrule

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
Victoria, Australia
3-4 Pictus catfish would be awesome in that tank. But the tiger barbs may nip their long barbells. Alternatively you could try some others species of barbs, however, I would get more tiger barbs, but maybe a different colour form, as I find that schooling fish display their true, often fascinating, behaviour in large groups. Cheers, Jim

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I ended up returning the barbs. I decided that I didn't want to have to end up rehoming my whole stock for the GT and with the GT rehomed I would love to keep angelfish again. Angelfish and tiger barbs are a No No so the barbs went back to the store. I now have 8 high orange koi juvenile Angelfish that that I am going to grow out. I'm not sure if I'm going to shoot for a few pairs or a female only Angelfish tank but I would also love to do some neon tetras with the Angelfish.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store