Hi from NZ

Wooble

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
New Zealand
Hey there!

I've been a lurker for a little while :naughty: awesome forum.

Currently don't have any monster fish :cry:
I have mini monsters, 6 Siamese fighters, considering breeding 2 of the better looking boys, and some tadpoles which I'm hoping will be southern bell frogs when they grow up. My fish keeping started with a 40 litre tank with small community fish 4 years ago, really started getting a lot more into it over the past 2 years; I now have 5 nano tanks, hoping to get something bigger soon--I'm in love with the idea of getting oscars, or a flowerhorn at some point in the next year or so; money and space need to be found.... I'm also a huge fan of any kind of catfish :D Loving reading through all the threads, awesome info on big fish here!

Jamie

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Reactions: twcp

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Are there many good aquarium shops? I looked but didn't find any.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Wooble

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
New Zealand
In Auckland? The more decent ones that I frequent are Hollywood Fish Farms-- they have a Mount Roskill and an Albany shop-- and New Pupuke Aquarium Centre. Really good range in both stores, New Pupuke is completely Freshwater fish whereas HFF has some Saltwater species. New Pupuke is my favourite-- shop owner is so nice, fish are well cared for, and his siamese fighting fish prices in particular are much cheaper than you'll find in other stores :) I don't buy fish from the other places I know of anymore-- Pet Stop, Animates, etc.-- personally, my experiences with fish health and prices weren't great.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
In Auckland? The more decent ones that I frequent are Hollywood Fish Farms-- they have a Mount Roskill and an Albany shop-- and New Pupuke Aquarium Centre. Really good range in both stores, New Pupuke is completely Freshwater fish whereas HFF has some Saltwater species. New Pupuke is my favourite-- shop owner is so nice, fish are well cared for, and his siamese fighting fish prices in particular are much cheaper than you'll find in other stores :) I don't buy fish from the other places I know of anymore-- Pet Stop, Animates, etc.-- personally, my experiences with fish health and prices weren't great.
I was all over the north island over July to August doing the whole tourist thing, but didn't see any which Is I asked. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store