Food advice (Hikari)

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Hello!

Since Hikari is a brand we can't find here in Belgium, I am considering ordering some online, for all of my needs, for all of my tanks, and I was wondering if anyone could advise a type of hikari for each of them!

I'll try to guess, so if I have everything right, there will not be much work to do. ;P

Jardini Arowana (20cm?): Jumbo carnisticks / Tropical Food Sticks (Not sure the latter would work, if it does, it'd be great)
Oscar: Tropical Food Sticks
Potamotrygon Histrix: Massivore Delite / Sinking Carnivore Pellets (Chances are it'll need fresh/live, but worth a try)
Jack Dempsey: Tropical Food Sticks
Polypterus Delhezi/Senegalus: Massivore Delite / Sinking Carnivore Pellets
Rainbow wolf: Massivore Delite (???)
Channa Pleurophthalma (When I finally find them!): Jumbo carnisticks / Tropical Food Sticks

No chance to move my Bleheris to pellets now, but most of the above are young enough that I think they can be converted...

All advices would be greatly appreciated :)

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Sounds like you have a pretty good game plan on your Hikari foods. You might consider the Cichlid Bio-Gold+ for your Oscar and JD. It is supposed to be the best for bringing out color and reduce waste.

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Glad to hear, so I understood the basics at least :p

Ultimately, what would be better for Channas and Aro, The tropical sticks, or the jumpo carnisticks? if I am to get the bio-gold for the oscar and JD, those two are stuck in both categories, not sure which works best.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
My oscar, jd's and african cichlids all eat hikari cichlid gold. (Small to large pellets)

No issues with the brand. It seems to be a quality product. Ive been using it for years

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store