Need help treating dats for parasites!

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
I picked up these three 8-9" ntts and have decided to treat them for parasites even though they show no signs of them but what exactly do I treat them for? I have to be careful what meds I use as well as I have rays going into this tank so I can't use any meds that aren't ray safe. If prazi will take care of all the parasite issues they may or may not have that would be perfect, but if not what else do I need to treat them for/with? They have no signs of parasites no sores, pimples, bumps, no rubbing against the tank, no gill pumping or fast breathing and no spotting, but I don't want to have any future issues with parasites either so I think it will be best to treat them. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Get a cheap used tank to set up as a hospital treatment tank and treat them with coppersafe.It doesn't have to be big,twenty or thirty gallons should do for the time that they will be in the tank.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
if you already dropped them in the main tank then yes if they are carrying any parasites there is a chance the tank will be playing host. use prazi pro...its always worked for me.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
They claim to...I have heard of rays coming in that are infested with worms of some kind so perhaps you could look into the medication that is used to clear rays of worms and it may be of use to the dats.Are your rays wild caught,they may need to be treated anyway?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
They claim to...I have heard of rays coming in that are infested with worms of some kind so perhaps you could look into the medication that is used to clear rays of worms and it may be of use to the dats.Are your rays wild caught,they may need to be treated anyway?
+1 prazi is just good to use on new fish regardless in my book...takes care of any potential hitchhikers...plus its pretty easy on fish IME.

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Rays are cb pups coming Saturday morning. I know with rays prazi works but I don't know what it is Im try to treat these dats for other than over all parasites...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
With the dats,parasites is about it since so little is known about those lumps and cysts that tend to pop up on these fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store