GPH suggestions

fishy5

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2014
United State
I am building 2 300 gallon fish tanks on a double rack stand. I am planning on having the top overflow flow into the bottom tank and from the bottom tank into a large sump (dont know how big yet). I may drill the tank but, if I dont I will be getting an overflow box. I like the CPR CS models but, the max GPH is 1600 gallons per hour. I feel like this isnt enough flow for thus tank. The stock will be- TOP TANK- 2 rays and a few other odball BOTTOM TANK- Will be divided for 2-3 flowerhorn. What overflow box should I get (dont want a siphon tube) is 1600 GPH enough flow for such a big tank and such a heavy stock?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Rays are very dirty fish. Why would you drain their waste filled water into another fishes tank? Why not drain both tanks into the same sump?

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I would recommend you drill the tanks for better flow and more reliability. If you run good flow and a drip you could do what your planning. I agree that having two pumps and having each feed a tank and flow back to the sump might be great but whatever would be OK most likely

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store