tiger shovel nose cat anyone tell me personal experience about them

oscar111213

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2014
ks
what the title says i have always wanted one and this weekend i will have a tank big enough it will be housed with an oscar and common pleco i can always get rid of the pleco if need be but i would like to keep it since the wife really likes pleco

oscar111213

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2014
ks
200gal tank 7x2x2 im up in the air about what to do with it i really like cats and oscars those are my two favorite types so i wanna do something with those in the tank have always wanted a tiger shovel nose but never had a tank big enough until now

oscar111213

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2014
ks
if it wont be suitable for one i will do all cichlids i know they get up to 3'3" so thats why im asking

bassguy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2010
Limbo
They get very big and have a bigger appetite! They are skittish and active, mine broke his upper jaw from running into glass. You will need a minimum of a 4'x10' footprint as an adult.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
That will be better - unless if you want to have just the cat, and a couple other upper level fish that are too round to eat. (Oscars are fair game for these cats.)

oscar111213

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2014
ks
ok then what cats could i stick in there? im up for like others to throw in there i have a featherfin cat now that will be going in there

Aquaculture Tyler

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
Alamosa Colorado
I had one in a 8x2 tank with an Oscar, bullhead catfish along with some other fish for awhile they're cool and fun to feed but they do get to big for most tanks. They grow pretty fast and will eventually start eating tank mates if small enough.

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store