RIP King!

Dispatch273

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2011
CT
Over the summer my King rammed into the side of his tank and blinded himself. I had hopes he'd get better but he didn't. The last month or so he's been declining in health fairly rapidly. Today I humanely euthanized him using clove oil. I'm heartbroken. Not many people will understand but I know my fellow fish lovers will understand my pain. Goodbye my King :( Also, if you have any fry from this pair please post up pictures of how they are turning out. It would make me feel a lot better to see pictures of his sons and daughters today.

festaepair.JPGking.JPGking2.JPGking3.JPG

festaepair.JPG

king.JPG

king2.JPG

king3.JPG

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
Sorry for your loss. I have just introduced a Male Festae with my Female and although I am very excited, this post has made me realize the harsh reality that in a single day, everything can change.

I hope my Male turns out as awesome as King. Again, sorry for your loss.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Impressive looking fish and sorry for the loss.Did he get spooked or something?

eminence978

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2011
MA.
Sorry to hear Sandy, I remember the first time you starting keeping festae. You looked long and hard for a pair. hopefully someday your'll find another one just as good as him. I lost my female festae about two years ago and now I've raised one almost as good as my old one.

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
So sorry, fish keepers can understand, especially cichlids keepers, with how long they can live,personality, and intelligence levels.he looked well cared for

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
sorry for your loss

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store