What goes well with 4 Lemon Leleupis in a 36 gal tank?

BurgosRL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Canton, GA
I have 4 Lemon Leleupis in a 36 bow front tank. Double filtration, pool filter sand (great life hack!), enough base rocks for all of them to have their own crib. Three of the Leleupis are from a brood of the large Leleupi and they all get along well. The hierarchy is well established.

They just seem to hang out an the bottom between the rocks and there is no action in the middle of the tank.

Which small/dwarf African cichlids could I add to the tank? How many?

Thanks

BurgosRL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Canton, GA
Timbo, thanks for the feedback. This morning I fed them Omega One Super Color Cichlid Pellets and they all fed from it. Suggestions?

timbo6684

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
Surface of the Sun, Arizona
Timbo, thanks for the feedback. This morning I fed them Omega One Super Color Cichlid Pellets and they all fed from it. Suggestions?
In my African Cichlid tanks that have mixed dietary needs I use New Life Spectrum cichlid formula. It contains low enough protein content to sustain both dietary requirements. I suggest mixing in some type of spirulina/veggie based food which the mbuna need.

Sent from my SM-G900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BurgosRL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Canton, GA
Thanks, Timbo. This is our first Africans tank and we love the look. After having regular community tanks all my life, I feel like I just got my "yellow belt" in tank keeping.

BurgosRL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Canton, GA
Update. Added 2 Now White Scolofi, 1 Scolofi, 1 Cobalt, 2 Yellow Labs, and a couple extra base rocks for hiding spots. Tank's doing great. Best tip was to use pool filter sand.

Cichlid tank 4.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store