Is this an okay ingredients for a diy fish food?

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
Raw shrimp
Tilapia
egg yolk
Carrots
Spinach
Green peas
Romaine lettuce
Garlic (just a little bit)

Is that conbination okay?

I can't find any beef heart and spirulina here in our town, but they have spanish paprika, is that the same as the regular paprika?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
What are you feeding?

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
an oscar, severum, blood parrot, senegal bichir and a bgk. that's all the fish i'm going to feed. I'm not going to put too many veggies though

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
If it was me: Skip egg yolk and beef heart completely; Go light on the green peas; Instead of romaine, use spinach or water cress instead.
Aren't you able to order spirulina off the internet? Hope you are planning to feed with pellets also?

souzie

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Is the paprika to enhance reds? I use naturose astaxanthin in my diy food. Also, I wouldn't use shrimp because of the HITH and thiaminase connection. Just to be safe, use thiaminase-free fish instead eg: pollock, haddock, halibut...

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
tilapia doesn't contain thiaminase, so thats alright.

Skip the shrimp and keep them seperate as a occasional feed.

My DIY food for my "I hate pellets!" fish contains tilapia, carnivore pellets, garlic.

My other DIY food contains tilapia, NLS pellets, blood worms, carnivore pellets, garlic.

I'm considering adding greens to this but that would only be spinach and maybe kale.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store