Need some advice!

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Hey guys, a tank I have set up on a wooden stand, on wooden flooring; I noticed wobbling when I was agitating the water to do a water change.

Would you empty the tank and move it to another stand? I think its the floor its on, its a 52 gallon long.

My fear is that the movement will cause it to smash or something

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Icthisapian

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2012
Wareham, MA
it its the floor you're in a serious situation: up a particular creek. But if its your stand some shims under one or two legs to level the stand may fix the situation.

So with that said, can you give some details as to why you think its the floor? was it level to begin with and has now sunken, or was it never leveled, or what?

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I believe its the floor being "springy", as there are no walls underneath it e.g. kitchen, etc.

Going to play it safe and move it to another room I think, so frustrating.

I have a sturdier stand I can use as well

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Icthisapian

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2012
Wareham, MA
im not sure if its possible, but you will need to place the stand across as many floor joices as possible (first floor usualy possible as basement shouldnt have a permanent ceiling. Als, using a larger base than needed, like 12" wider in both directions will reduce your load to the floor and again help grab more joices. Which way do your supporting walls run? placing the tank parale to these walls will grab the joices the right way...usually

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store