something is eating my fish alive

sook9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
venezuela
i was on vacation for around 1 week i let my sister to fed my fishies while i was gone when i come back i noticed one of my africans has 1 hole and another wound

there is nothing much to do more than do regular water changes since there arent many products for aquariums on my zone

today i notice the wound has become another hole and it looks like something is eating my fish but he doens't seem that sick he moves fine and eat

any of you people can tell me what is this? any idea

BBxB1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2014
Canada
is the hole in the head?

if so its a sick ness

you can buy meds for it or just api aquarium salt and water chances and raise the temp

sook9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
venezuela
it's not on his head its on his side meaby he injuried himself in a rock and the wounds become infected

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Measure your water parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, ph) and take a picture of the fish. Then post those. It's very hard to help with so little to go on.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Measure your water parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, ph) and take a picture of the fish. Then post those. It's very hard to help with so little to go on.
+1, pictures are about the only way you're getting a positive guess or diagnosis.

Do a 25% water change as stated above first.
Since its an open sore, start with salt, and if you have any anti-bacterial meds laying around you can use those, but for sure add salt to your water to start.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
What everybody else has already said, and if possible, quarantine the affected fish immediately

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store