Two questions on Indo dat

KiiNGGiiNGER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2013
Marietta, Ohio
I have had my 3" indo datnoid for awhile and he will go after bloodworms and live feeders until he is obese but won't touch pellets, Ive read a few things but any specific techniques to get them on pellets like NLS? Also about a week ago he started getting a dark face and now it pitch black all the time, I have been changing some tank mates around is he just being territorial? He is acting normal and eating as veraciously as ever.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Just stop feeding him live foods. He will get the hang of it. I have let them go for two months. They won't starve themselves to death. I have an NTT starving now.............

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Just stop feeding him live foods. He will get the hang of it. I have let them go for two months. They won't starve themselves to death. I have an NTT starving now.............
A 3inch dat starving for a possible 2months! Risky for such a juvie fish with hardly any fat storage to fall back on?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
....and to answer the second question,when dats get dark as was described it is commonly known as being "unstable".No one knows for certain why they do this but your moving things around might have played a part.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store