Is this Green Terror a male or female?

trophs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2010
yorkshire UK
8" are you sure, that sure dont look 8" to me, i bet you tell your missus you have an 10" ..... :ROFL:

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
Haha :ROFL:

He's 8" though. Here he is with a measuring tape on the day I got him. Or her. Any idea if this is a male or female? On the one hand, I think it might be male because it doesn't have the bearding that a female would have, plus the forehead isn't steep like a male's usually is. On the other hand, it doesn't have the hump that a male would have and it's got two vertical white lines on the body like a female would have.

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
Yes, I'm trying to fatten it up right now. That's how I got it. It didn't look too skinny to me and seemed pretty active at the LFS I got it from.

It wouldn't eat the pellets I threw in at first (NLS, Omega One) and would only eat bloodworms the first few days. But I bought some Carnivore pellets and it eats that and seems to like those pellets a lot. Doesn't seem like there's any internal parasite problems. I think he just didn't eat a lot of pellets at the LFS and was fed mostly bloodworms.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store