non-fish pet in a tank?

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
you can put lot of things in it. bearded dragons, geckos, ball pythons, & etc etc.
lizards, snakes, nasty spiders, scorpians.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I used to breed guinea pigs when I was a little kid. Books I read always said not to use aquariums because air flow was bad vs a cage

But I know lots of friends who kept gerbils and hamsters in old aquariums

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
crested geckos are awesome little lizards, i miss mine worth a thought... could do mud skippers, crabs, a blue lobster.

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
Pet rock....

Need to be more specific with the question I think.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
lol get a reptile if you want a pet rock!-)

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
lol get a reptile if you want a pet rock!-)
Not true there are many reptiles with personality's. I would say build you a large enclosure and use the tank for a baby Argentine black and white tegu. They are said to be the puppy of the reptile world as they are the only reptile in the world that actually wants human attention. Very cool animals. here is a link of tegus refusing food and trying to climb up in the breeders lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwEbPZvhE_o

They are really cool animals. The only problem is your tank would only be able to house it for a couple of months.

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
+1 on what 903 said get a tegu before I got my frontosa I was going to make my 220 into a tegu tank I backed away because my wife was just about to have our 3rd baby and I knew I wouldn't have time for one but give it 6months to a year and I'm getting one

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
+1 on what 903 said get a tegu before I got my frontosa I was going to make my 220 into a tegu tank I backed away because my wife was just about to have our 3rd baby and I knew I wouldn't have time for one but give it 6months to a year and I'm getting one

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yea i have had to hold off on getting mine since I live in an appt but as soon as I get my house up and my big fish tank set up I am getting a baby tegu. They are wicked cool and you can actually pull them out and play with them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store