Hayward C500?

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
Hello, the used tank I just purchased came with a Hayward C500, it looks to be a small pool or spa filter. I'm not sure how the guy was using it. He has airline tubing wrapped all the way down the filter cartridge and has drilled the top for small top off size lines. When I took it down it looked like it was used as some sort of auto top off to the wet dry? Can I use this for anything?image.jpg

image.jpg

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
good lord lol...how big was the tank he had that on? You say anything less than a 400 and I'm logging off lol.

I wouldnt see why you couldn't hook it back up to the tank? Same principle as a canister filter meant for aquariums I would venture to guess. Did it come with an intake and return hose?

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
image.jpg
good lord lol...how big was the tank he had that on? You say anything less than a 400 and I'm logging off lol.

I wouldnt see why you couldn't hook it back up to the tank? Same principle as a canister filter meant for aquariums I would venture to guess. Did it come with an intake and return hose?
Haha. It's off a 12'x3'x2'. I was suprised with that footprint it's only about 540 gallons. I guess the height brings it down. It didn't come with any other lines. He had the wet dry you can see in the background along with 3 FX5s on it. I'm also suprised the tank isn't drilled. I'm trying to figure some sort of coast to coast bean animal style setup now. I'm going to use a Rubbermaid stick tank as the sump and polish with one FX5. I'd like to figure out some way to use this. If anyone can think of any way to plumb it in with what I'm thinking let me know. Here's a picture of the tank. Gotta start cleaning it this weekend. image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Do yourself a favor and drill that shark tank lol. as for the filter...I'm not sure at all what he would have been doing with it. If the above post is right I definitely have no idea if it involves salt haha.

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
View attachment 1051079

Haha. It's off a 12'x3'x2'. I was suprised with that footprint it's only about 540 gallons. I guess the height brings it down. It didn't come with any other lines. He had the wet dry you can see in the background along with 3 FX5s on it. I'm also suprised the tank isn't drilled. I'm trying to figure some sort of coast to coast bean animal style setup now. I'm going to use a Rubbermaid stick tank as the sump and polish with one FX5. I'd like to figure out some way to use this. If anyone can think of any way to plumb it in with what I'm thinking let me know. Here's a picture of the tank. Gotta start cleaning it this weekend. View attachment 1051078

So you are the "Bad name" who got my tank!!!! LOL.. I love this tank and have wanted it for years, I know the guy you bought it from but did not know he was selling it... When I asked him why he didn't call me first he said "I thought you already had enough tanks I didn't think you would want it" LOL.. I was so mad about it, I would have bought that and the 240 he had in the other room by the fire place!!

You got you a awesome tank for a awesome price... He really did just have it custom built about 4 years ago when he bought that house and paid big money for it!!! I can't wait to see what you do with it now!!!

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
Sorry Jamey! Yep, I've been looking for something with this size for about 2 years now. I was originally going to go with an 8'x4' but love the idea of the 12' tank. I plan on starting a thread on the build. I just got 6 buddies to help me get it into the basement now the fun work begins!

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
Sorry Jamey! Yep, I've been looking for something with this size for about 2 years now. I was originally going to go with an 8'x4' but love the idea of the 12' tank. I plan on starting a thread on the build. I just got 6 buddies to help me get it into the basement now the fun work begins!
Yeah I remember when you had the post on here looking for a 8x4 tank and I told you about the one on craigslist down here by me that they wanted way too much for!! Sorry but if I knew Rich was selling that one I would not have told you about it, it would be in my basement right now!!! LOL. Great find there brother, I can't wait to see what you do with it!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store