F1 Festae pair Questions

MisterCichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2014
New Jersey
Hello all- I have a true F1 Rio Guyas pair of festae. I received them about a month ago they were really shy at first but they've been really active and colorful. They're about 5" ea. And I have them in a 55 ONLY because my 125 has has planarian worms for over a month or else they would be housed in the 125. I've done everything under the sun to rid of these planaria (yes I'm positive that's what they are) 50% water changes every other day, tried dif meds, took out wood and rocks (i have sand substrate) I've greatly reduced the population but my question is.... Will Planaria harm eggs if I were to put my festae in there and let them breed? I've read several myths & facts about these guys and would just like some opinions. Thanks for reading. Water parameters are always fine, and are fine now I was on vaca for about two weeks had a friend take care of tanks and my dog came back to spiked nitrates and planaria.

MisterCichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2014
New Jersey
Also in 55 the male dug out a nice spawning pit right by an 8" clay pot. he's colored up nicely, she isn't quite in her breeding dress but she's barred up nice so I'm unsure if she just isn't in the mood, or she doesn't like the chosen location to spawn, sorry for multiple posts, figured I'd get it all out at once and answer as many questions as a I could before hand lol

Austinri

Feeder Fish
Dec 14, 2014
Warwick RI
I just got a colony of brundies, my biggest is about 12" and smallest 6" a little over 2 months ago. They are in my 150 gallon with over 200lbs of what used to be live rock. They jump every time I walk by like I adopted abused animals... Can't wait for them to breed. I'd love to see your pics. I have tons how do I post?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store