Feeding Angelfish to Datnoids

arowjdm0103

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2013
Datnoidsland
I have couple datnoids around 4" and I want to feed them angelfish fry around nickel size will it be ok? Do I have to cut the dorsal, ventral, and the anal fin so that it would be better for them to digest or no? My friend just gave me a batch about 100 nickel size fry I don't what to do with so I want to feed to my dats, I know that dats when that grow larger they can eat crayfish so should I feed them angelfish fry?

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Youd be best not giving them the angels, really need to break them off live when young and get them onto pellets. But if you are going to feed them to the dats(again i dont recommend this) then they will be fine as is, dont put the angels thru any more stress or suffering, the dats will just inhale them and itll be over quickly for the angels. One more time i dont recomend this, but it wont have any adverse affects.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Agree with the above-why feed them feeders just for the sake of it?
Please don't take offence but I'd concentrate on getting them on to pellets instead

arowjdm0103

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2013
Datnoidsland
Mine ate hikari carnivores and massivore sinking pellets and I often feed them guppies that I raise so it only twice a week. If the dats suck the angel in will the stomach get scratch up by the fin of the Angels if not cut off?

vr6fan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2010
Waukesha, WI
Feeders provide very little if any nutrition. ...my dat growout ate pellets right away..if thats all you feed and he sees other fish eating them he will catch on eventually. Some faster then others

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
I'd trade the angels for a lesser-fish and feed those to the dats :p

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Those angels are not your run of the mill feeders...they might be quite nutritious.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I have couple datnoids around 4" and I want to feed them angelfish fry around nickel size will it be ok? Do I have to cut the dorsal, ventral, and the anal fin so that it would be better for them to digest or no? My friend just gave me a batch about 100 nickel size fry I don't what to do with so I want to feed to my dats, I know that dats when that grow larger they can eat crayfish so should I feed them angelfish fry?
That's dam cruel to cut them like that don't you think
I know they are feeders but no need to make the suffer

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store