55 gallon stock?

Username.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Virginia, US
Hey MFK, I'm looking into planning for the future. Once my dovii gets put into his 150g, what should I put in his 55 grow out? I dont want a solitary fish, as I have Fluffy (my dovii) for that, but a community-ish small cichlid tank. I was thinking a pair of fm cichlids and a pair of convicts with maybe a small bichir and small pleco. I'm open to any Ideas but would like one or two cichlid "centerpieces". I'm not into dwarfs or any cichlid that grow to 4" or smaller, but not bigger than 8" max. Thanks!:grinno:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Pair of honduran red points. Pair of cryptoheros sajica or yellow acara and honduran red point (currently have that combo and it works well)
Maybe add a smaller pleco or rapheal cat

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Reaper13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2013
Southeast
I had 4 firemouths in a 55 with some misc dithers at one point and it was a beautiful tank with tons of action. Bio load wasn't overwhelming and they had a good amount of space without décor trashed all the time. My wife along with a lot of guests loved it. It didn't have that wow factor like my bigger fish with attitude did though. I found myself more entertained by the parachromis/amphilophus behavior than I did any of the others. My 55 is basically my grow out tank atm with a female labiatus (I think) and a female dovii (hopefully).
Convicts pack a punch and will probably put the smack down on the FM's. FM's are slow growers to so expect little 3-4" darters for awhile.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I had 4 firemouths in a 55 with some misc dithers at one point and it was a beautiful tank with tons of action. Bio load wasn't overwhelming and they had a good amount of space without décor trashed all the time. My wife along with a lot of guests loved it. It didn't have that wow factor like my bigger fish with attitude did though. I found myself more entertained by the parachromis/amphilophus behavior than I did any of the others. My 55 is basically my grow out tank atm with a female labiatus (I think) and a female dovii (hopefully).
Convicts pack a punch and will probably put the smack down on the FM's. FM's are slow growers to so expect little 3-4" darters for awhile.
This x 10.

I'd suggest blue acara as well

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Username.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Virginia, US
I like the suggestions so far... Any more?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store