aqueon led lighting thoughts/opnions needed

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
anyone have the aqueon led light ? thinking of grabbing a 48" fixture with an additional day white led and colourmax led to add in it for the 3 strips total. thinking of getting it to replace my hagen glo t5h0 dual fixture since bulbs are 30$/each and need replacement after a year it seems even with little use and 108 watts. figure I would save on replacing bulbs, as well as hydro usage .... so wondering who has this light any pros and cons for it ? my light I have now hangs from ceiling is there a way to hang the led light fixture ? how would it look compared to this super bright dual t5h0 ?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Ive owned the Aqueon 'modular' and it is not worth it. I got mine with a used aquarium I had purchased and added one colormax and it was barely adequate to light up a fish only tank. I would look elsewhere for LED. If on a tight budget the Beamswork fixture are okay. If you want the best looking the Current satellite + are excellent. If you want a happy medium the Finnex Stingrays are not too bad.

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
Ive owned the Aqueon 'modular' and it is not worth it. I got mine with a used aquarium I had purchased and added one colormax and it was barely adequate to light up a fish only tank. I would look elsewhere for LED. If on a tight budget the Beamswork fixture are okay. If you want the best looking the Current satellite + are excellent. If you want a happy medium the Finnex Stingrays are not too bad.

ya I wondered how they were, since it isn't such a big brand. what about something like the double bright led ones ? I still haven't figured out why they don't make 72" lights or say a 60" light to expand to fit a 72" tank as its the most common length of tank..... I know I can buy 36-48" marineland led strip for 59.99 each and two would cover the tank. but would need some that goes across centre of tank (front to back)to keep lights off sliding glass lids http://www.bigalspets.com/led-strip-light-36-to-48.html

id like the look I get with the hagen glo dual t5h0 running zoomeds 10000k and fluval 18000k bulb in a led light

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
that may work quite well yes. but also noticed it says may not ship to Canada, im in Ontario Canada here lol .... so maybe I need to find someone locally here for one or something

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I have a 48" Marineland double bright. Its adequate for my 90g cichlid tank.

Not sure about plants.

Unless you wanna drop big$$$ fluorescents may be the best option for a planted tank

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
I have a 48" Marineland double bright. Its adequate for my 90g cichlid tank.

Not sure about plants.

Unless you wanna drop big$$$ fluorescents may be the best option for a planted tank

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
nope don't wanna drop big $$ on a light lol I don't have any plants in my tank that are real. if i ever do get any they will be a low light plant (pothos/duckweed etc etc) I have my 48" light hanging bout 3" above the sliding glass lids to help spread across the tank and seems to work quite well but doesn't look like you can really "hang" a led light like a marineland light. But if the guy on ebay ships to Canada that 72" beamswork light would prolly would work really well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store