led lights

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
It's depend on what plants you're getting, Java Fern and Anubias for example are perfectly thrive with LED light.

lmt6600

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2010
Nunya
I got the fluval led full spectrum 5200k, its warmer look to it and also have beamswork 6500k, both on same tank, will see if plants grow ok. My first planted tank.. Just two weeks into it.
uploadfromtaptalk1418762833246.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Now a days there seem to be a lot of LED lighting choices on the market from cheap to expensive, with usually cheaper ones just just working with basic on or off functions, while the expensive units may have light control settings to replicate sunrise to sunset...

As mentioned though, its all about finding the right type of lights for your setup, since some are rated to have high light levels, while some are only really good for low - medium light planted tanks... also the spread of light is also something you should consider as well...

monsterfish721

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2011
N/A
LED lights are good they can grow plants and algae my uncle has algae with his LED light but i thought LED's weren't suspose to make algae.

ktrom13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2014
massachusetts
One down fall I have found with LED lights is that they are very bright. The ones that are specifically for plant growth are very bright compare to normal T5 or T5HO. Other than that, they are great and create very little heat.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Actually, probably one of the only real downers i can think about LED's setups is that if any of the LED's burn out, they can't be replaced, and if enough of them burn out, or weaken enough over time, you have to replace your whole unit...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store