What will this Oscar look like?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
If it was a true albino, the pupils of the eyes would be pink.
What size is it now?
Might look pretty good, but I must admit I'm not a fan of albinos, whether oscars or any other fish.

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
If it's truly an albino fish it wouldn't be showing any black pigment, and would have pink pupils.

Username.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Virginia, US
I'd say copper, or look like a mixed dark gold oscar but, you never know.

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Yeah, I know:) that is why I put albino in quotation marks! My understanding is very few "albino" Oscars really are albino, but that is what they are sold as. I have never seen one that was this grey though. He was about 3.5 inches, and though he had some glints of red in his eyes he definitely a solid(ish) grey color. So I am curious what he would turn out like as an adult. I don't like most albino fish, but a few of the "less albino" albino Os are kind of cool...

I guess maybe he would technically be called lutino?

Anyway, the bottom picture captured his color more accurately.

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Maybe I'll get him and grow him out a bit. I do want a group of Os with some variety for my 700g... but wait, I already have 8 :redface: - To be fair though I think I am going to keep the Crassipinnis Oscars in their own tank and see if I can get them to breed.
I want and Oscars that ends up looking like this:
Sold as Albino Red Oscars, but the less albino-y ones turn out kind of cool, IMO. But I never like the red eyes...

Oscared

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
Just the stretch the image --My oscars in the past didnt change much from when young to older --their pattern just stretched.

flyingfox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2011
CT
Lutino/tiger....should be interesting.....remember it's an Oscar and may have an awesome personality so it's just not about looks!

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
+1 flying!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store