Marble cat:)

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
That's a Leiarius pictus, not marmoratus traditionally called a marbled pim. Right?

Nice. I've three of 1.5'-2'. Lovely cats.

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
That's a Leiarius pictus, not marmoratus traditionally called a marbled pim. Right?

Nice. I've three of 1.5'-2'. Lovely cats.
Honestly im not that sure. Was thinking it was the marmoratus. It was labeled as a perruno tho. :/ it was a relatively short work to get him this big tho:/

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
You are probably right. I am not used to seeing cats at this angle and was too lazy to rotate my laptop. Marmoratus hit 2' from 3" in one year usually, it seems. The growth to 1' appears to be even faster than that of a "benchmark" RTC, IME.

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
You are probably right. I am not used to seeing cats at this angle and was too lazy to rotate my laptop. Marmoratus hit 2' from 3" in one year usually, it seems. The growth to 1' appears to be even faster than that of a "benchmark" RTC, IME.
Id have to agree with the initial growth as compared to most rtcs. This is my second time with a marble and i could attest to thim growing like weed early:)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
It used to be only known as Leiarius marmoratus. But a recent revision of the genus (http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/genus.php?genus_id=92#245) split Leiarius longibarbis from L. marmoratus. As it stands now, we have very little info to tell one from the other so we have been calling all of these marmoratus.

TBH, I have not read the revision but it should state very clearly how the difference manifests itself in external features and how substantial it is.

All this may be immaterial to you as IDK the depth of your inquiry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store