33 gallon long filtration

haywood

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2005
nj
Looking to start a 33 gallo long. Tank will be 48x12x12. Stocking will be african peacocks and yellow labs. I usually use hob filters such as aquarist or whisper and call it a day, but I feel with such a shallow tank the filters will make a sandstorm and suck sand into the filter. Am I going to have to get two small HOB FILTERS? how do canister filters compare as far as how much electric they use to the hang on backs?

THE FAMILY GUY

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2011
NEW YUCK CITY
I have a 33 long (nice tank size) with bunch of tetras and baby loaches. I use an ac110 with just one strainer attachment and it works perfectly. No issues with the sand

SOA

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Milwaukee
I have a 33 long and 40 long with the smallest red flint gravel, virtually sand and use two 50 aquaclears, one on each side with no sandstorm problems and good results.

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
Looking to start a 33 gallo long. Tank will be 48x12x12. Stocking will be african peacocks and yellow labs. I usually use hob filters such as aquarist or whisper and call it a day, but I feel with such a shallow tank the filters will make a sandstorm and suck sand into the filter. Am I going to have to get two small HOB FILTERS? how do canister filters compare as far as how much electric they use to the hang on backs?
Canister filter are great biological filters.............HOB's are great polishing(mechanical) filters............Having two HOB's is always a wise choice because you I can use always use the extra filter for another tank............

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store