Catfish for 75G with Bichirs.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I am wonderign if there is any type of catfish I can get that will be fine with my Bichirs in a 75g. something that can stay in a 75 for life but I may upgrade to a 150 in the future. Im not too worried about my teugelsi getting ahold of one but my lap has a mouth on him. The teug is roughly 8" and my lap is about 11". Any help would be great, also looking for a fairly active one. Open to all suggestions. Thank you

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Maybe a Striped Raph. No fish with a brain would try to eat one.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
good suggestions, I sun cat an option also. also called an eclipse or bulls eye, get between 8 and 12" slow growers. have one with the oscars in the 180, he gets pretty active at feeding time. not real shy.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
We had two suns which hid ALL the time so i sold them to the LFS, maybe because my channel cat I had with them was crazy.. I think ralphs are kinda ugly but thats just me lol, no offense. I might try to find a syno that I like. Im going for the pretty look with these fish lol. The bichirs are my babies. On the other hand maybe some top to mid swimmers? Not a huge fan of tinfoils..

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
We had two suns which hid ALL the time so i sold them to the LFS, maybe because my channel cat I had with them was crazy.. I think ralphs are kinda ugly but thats just me lol, no offense. I might try to find a syno that I like. Im going for the pretty look with these fish lol. The bichirs are my babies. On the other hand maybe some top to mid swimmers? Not a huge fan of tinfoils..
Big Synodontis eupterus tend to be quite active, the biggest I've seen was roughly 9" and roamed its tank almost constantly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store