Festae

cichlidcave

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
United States
Hello everyone! I am new to this site, this being my first post although I've turned to this site for years for advice. Anyhow. I have bred a fair share of cichlids through the years (btw I keep SA/CA cichlids) I've bred RD's/Midas, Jags, Cons, Texas cichlids. However I've had festae for a couple years but just purchased a pair of true F1 Rio Guayas from RoadRunner last month. They're still kind of shy but do come out for food and are active until I come up to the tank they scatter and come out slowly. The male has dug out a nice pit by an 8" flowerpot. The female bars up nicely & follows him around. She gets a light Orange not much of a breeding dress but the male doesn't seem too interested. They are both 5" I have 3 - 3" Red Devils as dithers they are temporarily in a 55 until I finish getting these planarian worms out of my 125. But they do get along, occasionally one or the other throws the other one a "love bite" but no tubes or breeding dresses. pH is 7.0 on the dot ammonia is .25 if that, nitrites 0 and nitrates are 25ppm. Any advice? I also have a nice piece of driftwood in there on the other side of the tank for a second choice of a spawning site. Sorry for the lengthy post just figured the more info I provide the better lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store