How to remove hard water stains?

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
We bought two 75g a while ago and they have some built up calcium and such just above the tank water level. It wouldnt be an issue if they were at the top but it has an overflow so theyre about 3" below the top. I hate looking at them, thankfully theyre only on the back. Its also really bad on the lids but i feel like getting that off is a lost cause.. There is also some marks that look to be from a divider that I cant get off, any advice for that?
View attachment 1052034
If you look towards the end of my laps tail you can see the mark from the divider. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Rayne

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2010
Try soaking with vinegar for a while and then using a razor blade to scrape it off.

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
If you didn't have fish in there I would say use baking soda.. Nothing works better!!! Try it on the lids you will be amazed at how well it works, just pour a bunch of it on a rag and clean them up with it!!!

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
white vinegar is the answer,you have to wet a paper towel with the vinegar and let it soak there for a day to give it time to dissolve hard water stain then try razor blade it should work good luck

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
We tried degreaser and a scraper before we set it up. Didn't hardly do anything. I will give baking soda a try. Damp or runny?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I can't believe the degreaser hasn't killed anything you will ever put in that tank!! Take you a wash rag and get it real wet, pour A LOT of baking soda on the rag and wash it... You don't want it so wet it rinses all the baking soda off but you want it real wet!!! You don't have to soak it, you don't have to wait, you don't need a razor blade, just wash it and it comes right off!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store