mature leo with semi mature motoros?

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
I have 3 motoro stingrays at the moment. The largest is male and has about a 12" disk and the two females are 10 and 11". Would it be risky to add the leo to the trio? It's around 14" or so and has bred before.

Thanks.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Whoops its a male. I currently have a 230, but am in the process of ordering acrylic for an 8 x 4 tank. The 230 is 30" wide

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
I guess my main questions would be do males fight with one another? and Will a mature male try to breed a female that isn't ready?

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
I guess my main questions would be do males fight with one another? and Will a mature male try to breed a female that isn't ready?
Yes and yes. I would probably hold off until you get the larger tank that is a lot of bio for a smaller tank I think personally unless you have a ton of filtration and great water quality...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Have you ever housed a bigger male with a smaller female? My motoros are growing extremely fast. I have had them for about 8 months and they are nearing a foot. I'm not sure if that helps at all. lol

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
You probably could keep them all together. Yes the tank space will be tight and could lead to things being a bigger issue with aggression than if they were in a larger tank. You can either play it safe or try it and hope all goes well. You just never know sometimes how rays will react and it's anyone's guess how this group would be in your setup when combined

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Okay thanks. I appreciate it! I think I have a friend who could hold onto it until I get my other tank gets set up. If the ray is aggressive, will it pick the ray to a slow death, or do they kill quickly? I'm just wondering if I'm going to have warning if things aren't working out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store