Bala sharks vs Tinfoil barbs with rays

oldfish

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
Beavercreek Ohio
I've got several very large Bala sharks that I put in with my black rays.They look good and seem to get along very well. But do they eat stingray poop or would I be better off with Tinfoil barbs as tankmates?

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I personally have not seen any fish that will eat stingray poop, They say the one tinfoil barbs do but I do not know if we can get them in the states or what. I have never seen them at least here in anyones tank, just in the UK, I look at these types of fish more as the little particle clean up crew vs poop removal.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Humm, Guess mine just go for the other stuff, Ill have to get more I think

I have tinfoils and I have seen em hoover poo like its chocolate rain...yummm

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I have tinfoils and I have seen em hoover poo like its chocolate rain...yummm

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Yep me to

When my big rays poo it's the size of a small cat poo 1 barb will peck at it and the rest go crazy like piranha

You need more than 4 for them to stay in a tight shoal and work properly less the 4 and the are skittish 6 is better

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
My bala sharks and barbs love curlers. I even have rays that love eating them. To the point where it's always gone within 10 minutes of them dropping a deuce.

My African aro and mahseers eat fish poo too. never Ray poo because they are in a different tank in a different state but I'm sure they would eat Ray poo too as it's so rich.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

oldfish

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
Beavercreek Ohio
I also have a couple of 8-9 inch clown loaches in with my Marble motoros that eat ray poo. But I'm yet to see the balas sharks eat any poo yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store