Will these fins heal?

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Those fish are in horrible condition - and not just the fins.
Yeah I know but will they heal? Price is $100 for the pair or $50 each. I will see them in person tomorrow. Never had fins this bad in all the years I have kept fish so I am not expertise in fin repair. The rest of them should heal but worried about the fins. They are going into my 520 if I buy them.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
They should be free. That's all I will say. Don't fool yourself.
It's almost like buying a car that has a bad engine - but focusing on a scratch on the fender.
I don't mean to come across as harsh at all - I am just saving you a whole lot of headache.

Find a healthy one to begin with - you'll be grateful that you did.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
They should be free. That's all I will say. Don't fool yourself.
It's almost like buying a car that has a bad engine - but focusing on a scratch on the fender.
I don't mean to come across as harsh at all - I am just saving you a whole lot of headache.

Find a healthy one to begin with - you'll be grateful that you did.
I already have a big healthy one a black gourami and white gourami. There is one more big one in the city but they want $200 for it and I don't know what kind of condition. I guess I will know more when I see them.

All this from a worthless pacu on top of a few other things I won't get into...I don't know why anybody puts pacu's in a community. I sold someone my 30" plus goonch and his stupid pacus ate the tail trailers on him and stressed him out until he quite eating and died.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
I'm sorry, but I have to say it's not the Pacu's fault for doing what is in its nature to do.

It's the OWNERS who didn't do right by the fish. It's like somebody putting a puppy in the same cage with a fighting dog. They should know better.

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
They would most likely grow back as would any external wounds on fish but the new growth might not be very pleasing to look at..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store