New LED Satellite freshwater LEDs-fish freaking out

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
I just got these light and they are awesome. So many settings and the remote is great. But my CA cichlids all freak out when you change the colors or in the lunar blue setting. Will they get used to this or will I have to stick with one setting now? The tetras I have seem unaffected.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Mine hated the storm settings... so I dont use it. All the effects are totally gimmicky and day in and day out I use one setting. I like the rose tone and that is what my light is set to.

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Mine hated the storm settings... so I dont use it. All the effects are totally gimmicky and day in and day out I use one setting. I like the rose tone and that is what my light is set to.
Yeah mine do too. The rose is nice. They seem to do better on the lighter colors and not so bright/dramatic colors.

CanadianKeeper

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
Ontario
This light sounds awesome but completely ridiculous at the same time lol. I mean our fish have no idea wtf any of this is, they have lived in a tank. They know light on and light off. Maybe a dimmer would be a better option then storm... A slow ease into fully on and off that takes and hour.

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
This light sounds awesome but completely ridiculous at the same time lol. I mean our fish have no idea wtf any of this is, they have lived in a tank. They know light on and light off. Maybe a dimmer would be a better option then storm... A slow ease into fully on and off that takes and hour.
That pretty much sums it up. Cichlids seem to be very sensitive to bright light or flashes. I bet if it were a community of tetras, barbs, or livebarers it would be fine. I opted to lighter versions.

Reaper13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2013
Southeast
No kidding. I just use these cheap led cabinet lights they work great. Any brighter and they seem to get nervous. 14+" strong fish + nervous = no good.

Not to derail or anything. I went and collected a ton of river rocks then put them in my jags tank. He flipped out and stayed at he top of the tank. Then I started thinking he has had all driftwood in his tanks and he didn't know wtf a rock was. I couldn't imagine a creating an underwater rave with a light fixture

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store