fish ideas

ben89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2014
minnesota
im looking at building a new plywood tank. 6ft long 40in wide 30in about 374 gallons

the height and width can change a little but cant go any longer

looking for ideas on what fish i can stock before i build it so i can get the right size tank

looking for more of a predator tank. the wolf fish kind of peaks my interest buy the fact you cant have anything else in the tank is kind of a downer but not out the question

just looking for some ideas of the toothy variety. ive got plenty of common fish in other tanks so looking for something different.
i would be ok with keeping a species only tank if i could have more then one of them.

glad to be a part of the page. long time looker and dreamer first time poster

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
senegal bichir would be good. how many can i keep in that size tank or other tank mates
I'd do 3 of them and perhaps a green terror or something.

I keep 3 different bichirs with a green terror, a Nicaraguan and keyhole cichlid.
Also have a pike cichlid and various oddballs, such as african butterfly fish.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ben89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2014
minnesota
is there any species of cat fish i could keep in there with a bichir or two

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

everlastace

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2011
Utah
is there any species of cat fish i could keep in there with a bichir or two

Catfish are pretty compatible with many fish. I keep a striped Raphael and a spotted Raphael with my bichirs. I've seen a couple different synos with bichirs before too.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ben89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2014
minnesota
i was thinking a tigrinus catfish... thoughts?

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
im looking at building a new plywood tank. 6ft long 40in wide 30in about 374 gallons

the height and width can change a little but cant go any longer

looking for ideas on what fish i can stock before i build it so i can get the right size tank

looking for more of a predator tank. the wolf fish kind of peaks my interest buy the fact you cant have anything else in the tank is kind of a downer but not out the question

just looking for some ideas of the toothy variety. ive got plenty of common fish in other tanks so looking for something different.
i would be ok with keeping a species only tank if i could have more then one of them.

glad to be a part of the page. long time looker and dreamer first time poster
How much u think it would cost to do this. I'm looking to do something like this myself only I want to make mine 7 feet long 4 feet wide

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ben89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2014
minnesota
im thinking around 500+ without equipment depending on how big i make the viewing area will have a big impact on how much the glass is also i plan to fiberglass the whole inside so that will also drive the price up some. figure 600 on the safe side. could be more or less depending if i do a wood stand or cement block.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store