Help with stock

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
I was planning on using my 150 to house some larger new world cichlids; however, after getting rainbows I realized I love the action and shoaling as well as the natural behavior versus having a big fish just beg at the glass for food.

Unfortunately the place that I got the fish from informed me that they have had multiple cases of people reporting parasites. Of the 11 I ordered, I currently have 5. They're all in a quarantine being treated and now I'm deciding what other fish I want. Current stock is a 4-5" Senegal bichir, a half-dollar sized green severum, and the 5 rainbows hoping that they all pull through.

I'm looking for some more shoaling fish or peaceful fish that I can add into the tank, hopefully that won't grow more than 7-8". Any help on what could work is appreciated.

If these rainbows survive I'm planning on adding 3-5 more of them if I can find a good place to buy them from, unfortunately these came from a pretty reputable source so I'm a little wary of ordering online again.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Filaments are very cool barbs Nigel you get some great colours on them and they get a decent size not to get munched by monsters :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
if you want a community tank then remove your bichir, then stock up with roseline shark, and mostly tetras (minus Exodon) and your tank will look very colorful, also don't forget to add some driftwoods and plants (refer Java Fern) or the Buenos Aries Tetra will destroy all your plants.

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
I've got a few pieces of driftwood and some hardier plants, Anubias nana and congensis as well as two red Rubin swords. So far the plants seem like they're going to last, the severum hasn't attempted to eat them.
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1419106446.489355.jpg I apologize for the haze, the driftwood is still leaching tannins. I really like the roseline sharks and am hoping they would fare well with the bichir.
But so far seems like a lot of good suggestions, the spanner barbs, filament barbs, more rainbow varieties, and maybe try to squeeze in some smaller tetras if I could make it fit.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store