STOP Canada's ban on channa !

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Looks like the gov is at it again. I just came across this new proposal so I haven't read every detail yet but from what I've gathered they may be putting an end to my hobby soon.

Seems rather then research what is actually at risk of becoming invasive they want to just adopt the lists Ontario and Manitoba have and blanket the rest of Canada . That would put half my collection on seize and destroy list :(.

Manitiba seems reasonable with a ban on argus who does pose a risk . Ontario however has a blanket ban on all channa !

There is a chance to voice concerns before the proposal is finalized. I encourage any other current channa keepers or those who want to have the right to own then in the future to send them feedback.

The ONLY species that poses a risk is argus. The rest should not be prohibited. This isn't only a chance for those who have them legally to keep it that way , but also an opportunity for those in Ontario,Quebec and BC to be heard and have those pointless bans replaced with the one species who poses a risk a since this new proposal would replace the provincial laws.

I understand the need tot protect our waters from potential invasive species but don't let ignorance take away our right to keep these amazing fish !

Please take the time to read this and send them your feedback before it's too late . I also encourage you to share this link with other hobbiest so they can do the same.

http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/science/enviro/ais-eae/consultations-eng.asp

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store