Stocking a 120

Delta1579

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Hi,
this is my first post on the forum, have been in the hobby for a while but have never been really focussed on 'monster' fish before! Anyway I'm getting a new 120 and wanted to put some bigger more active fish in it.

this is what I had in mind:
1 oscar
2 gold severums
1 blue acara
1 green terror
and a couple of pictus cats or a synodontis or pleco.

will this work? I'm really looking for an active tank that I can hopefully hand feed because all my other tanks are full of wimps! The tank is 4x2x2, and I'll be putting a sump filter on it. Can anyone recommend some active stock if these won't work?

thanks in advance for all your help!

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
It sounds good although I'd remove the Oscar. If it was a 6 foot you could add one but in a 4 foot I'd say no. Plus bump it down to one sev. Two could pair and make life miserable for the others

Sent from my VS840 4G

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I'd choose either the GT or the acara, I haven't kept both together but if I had to put money on it; I'd say the GT will lay the smack down on the acara down the line.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
I'd choose either the GT or the acara, I haven't kept both together but if I had to put money on it; I'd say the GT will lay the smack down on the acara down the line.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
A while back I tried to mix both a GT and Acara in a 135 and it didn't work. The GT chased around the Acara until I had to separate them.

I would look at these combinations:
- 1 Severum, 1 GT, 3-5 Firemouths.
- 1 Severum, 4 Acaras
- 1 Severum, 1 GT, another medium sized Cichlid

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store