New Betta Setup

Username.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Virginia, US
Well, to start things off, My lfs that I grew up visiting as a child or as long as I can remember, sadly, is going out of business:cry:. They were having a 35% off sale on literally everything that existed in that store. I was going into the store to get a lifetime supply of hikari bio-gold+ but that soon changed to a shopping craze. I got tons of Plants, Food, Filters, Driftwood, you name it and I was so close to buying a gold nugget pleco. I saw a Fluval spec 3 for under $50. I got that and picked up a very, handsome betta with just about every thing I needed for him (I'll have pics up soon). Ended up paying About 100 bucks for everything I got. Long story short, I picked up A Mini-Monster. Once Pics are up, Let me know what you think!:grinno:

ocellatus

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
Canada
Sad to hear about the demise of another small LFS. I spent so many hours wandering the aisles of mom and pop stores as a kid.......

O

Username.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Virginia, US
Wasn't exactly small... it had over 20,000 sq ft of just fish selection haha. But yup, it's just depressing.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Damn... 20K SqFt, thats a huge space... would love to visit a store that large...

ktrom13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2014
massachusetts
Not saying your lying or anything of the likes but are you sure it was 20k? That's a whole lot of space for a mom and pops. If they got that big it's because of the amount of business they get. By any chance do you have the stores name?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Username.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2014
Virginia, US
animal jungle, and yea... it was BIG

RebelRiver

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2015
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm thinking about reviving a Spec 2 that went under last summer when I went to Hawaii and had the boyfriend look after.
"How long have you been feeding the dead fish?" were the first words to come out of my mouth when I saw him.

PICTURES PLEASE!! I need ideas!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store