Hello from SLC, Utah

Hunkerbuns

Feeder Fish
Dec 21, 2014
Salt Lake City
I am a lifetime tropical fish lover and have had as many as 7 tanks while I was in high school. While I was a newlywed, we had a 55 gallon tank filled with the usual tropical fish available locally. Now, after giving away my 55 gallon aquarium, I am setting up a 30 gallon aquarium. It leaks and doesn't have a stand so I'll have to build the stand, find the leak, then bring it inside and begin the setup. The question is, shall I resume a freshwater aquarium or cichlids? I haven't decided, but am leaning toward a tank filled with brightly colored, mild mannered cichlids. If so, I'll be on the Cichlid Forum quite a bit. I have already made a friend locally who has been into cichlids quite a bit, including breeding so I'm off.

I enjoy setting up my aquarium and like to give my fish many places to explore and defend. I like to have a unique aquarium that draws people in to look at all the details. My Pleco (Festus; 15") enjoyed a PVC fence post that was 4" square and 24" long with 2 large holes in the sides as well as in both ends.

I'm currently looking for a few pieces of driftwood because I love the look.

I have a 1975 AMF Harley Davidson Ironhead Sportster which I am reassembling and will get back on the road this summer.

My pond is empty with a hole in it, but that too will be repaired ASAP.

I also enjoy garden railroading and that surrounds my pond.

I am disabled after serving 15 years in the Crime Lab. I am in pain from head to toe all the time and have many other symptoms as well.

MIRR.jpg

20141004_190659.jpg

P1010314.JPG

P1070962.JPG

P1070961.JPG

Hunkerbuns

Feeder Fish
Dec 21, 2014
Salt Lake City
I'll have to do some preventive maintanence if I am going to be certain I don't wind up with anther hole in my liner. If I catch it soon enough, I'll try that stuff that patches underwater.

The blue heron visited every day. My pond was an all you can eat buffet for him. Decker Lake is nearby and that's where he roosts I'm sure.

We also had a doe in our yard, at the side of the pond one day. Go figure. Middle of the city and we get such visitors.

Other than rat pellets spread around, what else can I do to try to prevent another hole in my liner?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store