How about this now? :naughty:

1954.JPG

1955.JPG

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
My goodness really nice middle bar,it's like a dagger.Did you have this guy shipped to you?..I wouldn't have been able to sleep a wink while it is intransit...if I were the buyer or seller.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
shipped to me

it's around 15", very thin, and it just ate 3 large prawns
very poor eyesight, needs to be hand fed

the price was good! very good! as a buyer! :) It's even cheaper than my CT! :nilly:

1956.JPG

1957.JPG

fattiger

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
Where the Amazon meets the Mekong
Good lord that sounds like an impossibly nice score! But he is just too skinny to the point I even thought his back is deformed... I am sure he would bulk up nicely and look amazing when he does! Congrats!!!

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Nice pickup and all fishes..but it really disgusts me to see what has been obvious neglect by the previous owner. Eye issues can happen at times with dats..but letting a stomach cave in like that is awful. Looks like it was prob bullied too by a tankmate with all the tail splits. Wonder how old this fish is? Are you putting pellets in the shrimp?. Glad it's in someone's hands now that will get it on the up & up

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Both of the eyes are almost gone because it was kept with Arowana using high intense tanning light.

It's around 8-9 years old, and it got bullied by a 24" ST for at least 2-3 years. The big ST beat this little guy till it float in a corner during feeding time. Recently the owner was getting out of the hobby, the larger one got sold for around $2k+ and I got this little one very cheap for its poor condition.

And yes, I have stuffed high protein pellets into the shrimp before feeding it.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Same fish but different owner at the time.

It was offered to me 3 years ago @ 2.5k, you can see how traumatized this fish had gone thru.

1958.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That fish has really been put through the wringer...such a shame but here's to a long and happy ending in your care.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
How is the tiger doing? Is it putting on weight?
Its surprising how tough the tiger fish is (apartment from Ntt)
Based on the history of this fish it has taken a right battering over the years. To survive transit , sering the condition its in.... I Still no doubt it will survive and do well in the fishes33's hands.
Updates....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store