Been Seeing Alot of Baby Indo's an Ngt's Lately are they being CB??

henria86

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
Big City...
Hi Tiger's
Been seeing alot of baby indo's & Ngt's in the stores lately are they being CB??
any info on them ?? the size range have been from dime size an up pricing for the Indo's $10 to $40 depending on 3 bar or 4 plus bar's
Ngt's are quarter size an pricing $120
how many should i get so they dont fight as much to grow them out in a 40 breeder??
thanks

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I highly doubt it but it would be great for the species if they were.
I've never found the amount of dats that I kept together to be too big of a deal be it two or four which is probably the most that I have kept together at any one time.I currently have three smallish indos growing out together and they pretty much ignore each other.
You've seen NGT's the size of quarters around? I've never seen them quite that small but I know they are brought in certain times of the year.They are the troublemakers,very quarrelsome.The last one that I had got to the point of constantly fighting with the other dats and it had to be moved to another tank.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
This ? Comes up every single year

I don't think they will ever be captive bred

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ichthusfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
southkorea,seoul/Texas
Blah, dats unable to be bred in captivity is a myth. I know a breeder here that succeeded in breeding ITs and is also going for STs when his hatchery is fully constructed. There are literally thousands of dats year round in almost all the shops, no matter which season it is so its highly possible if not true that the small dats are CB

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Blah, dats unable to be bred in captivity is a myth. I know a breeder here that succeeded in breeding ITs and is also going for STs when his hatchery is fully constructed. There are literally thousands of dats year round in almost all the shops, no matter which season it is so its highly possible if not true that the small dats are CB
I dont really doubt this but i/ we would love to see proof.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store