metriaclima greshakei x yellow electric lab

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
Hi,

When I was watching my tank when i saw my metriaclima greshakei laying eggs while my yellow electric lab fertilizing the eggs, and my metriaclima greshakei picking up the eggs. They were in a 450 gallon cichlid tank so I got them both out. I put them each in separate tanks to see if the eggs would hatch. Two days later i went to take the fry from the female. She had nothing in her mouth. Does anybody know what happened?
Later that day I did a water change on the male yellow electric lab and then he started to swim upside down. The male then died. (now i have other fish in that tank and the water is fine) I put the metriaclima greshakei back in the main tank where they laid the eggs. I have more 2 more male yellow labs in that tank. Des anyone know what will happen in the main tank or what happened to the lab?

In my 300 gallon tub I also have a female metriaclima greshakei and a male lab. I don't know if they can spawn.

Also, can the eggs hatch and what will they look like?
( i will not distribute fry )

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
They will hatch, they could look like either parent, a combination of both, or completely different.

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
Thanks for the reply

I thought the eggs would hatch

Does anyone know what happened to the eggs in the females mouth?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
She probably swallowed them when you moved her.

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
I checked her mouth and she had eggs. I think she ate them from stress but maybe after I put her back she swallowed the eggs

i had zebra obliquiens and red empress breed and they did not eat their fry during moving but they were fry not eggs.

Also do u think that they would raise the fry?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
For the 300 tub i many a male metriaclima greshakei and a female electric yellow lab. I moved them into their own tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store