Aro. drop eye question

catfishacr

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Iowa City, IA
Hey my silver Arowana is currently at 8" and showing no signs of drop eye. Is there a current size when reached you know your arowana has avoided drop eye or can they develop it any time in life?
Thanks!

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
Does anyone know how to do a surgery for the eye ?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Really? :)
The drop eyes happen to captive Silver Aro due to constant looking down for food (apply to live feeder) or it reflection on the bottom bare tank or surrounding below the tank stand (apply to dog, cat, kids...), to avoid the drop eyes put something that give it attention and always looking up (I used to put a cycle LED that change and flashing every couple seconds from red, blue and white on top of my tank and I feed him with floating pellet stick, since I'm only feed it with floating food so there is no need bottom cleaner fishes so it's nothing for him to search or looking down in my tank bottom). Also, over feeding will cause the fat behind the eyes develop and cause the drop eyes too. Anyway, this is based on my own experiences and few years discussed this problem in an Asian Arowana Club and it's work...at least for me! At the end there is nothing to lose to try out :) good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store