arowana arrived and in poor health

mscamp02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
Mt. Sterling KY
I ordered a 15 arowana from Jeff rapps and he shipped it out, packed it beautifull. But FedEx screwed up and it arrived a day late and around 1130, past their am delivery promise. The water was really cold and all the fish (2 orinos, 1 aro) were lethargic and on their sides. Now after acclimating and being in the tank for quite a few hours, the orinos are fine but the aro is still on his side not really moving. Breathing isn't over labored but the aro isn't looking good.

Lights have been off and he's separated so no one else can bother him. Is there something else I can do?

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Ain't his fault. He is a great person to buy fish from. No disrespect towards you, but instead of carrying this out publicly you should have contacted him first and handled this privately. He is a great guy and deserves to know what happened so he can do what he needs to do to make it right, however in this instance it's not his fault I don't think. So contact him via email and see what you can discuss amongst yourselfs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Ain't his fault. He is a great person to buy fish from. No disrespect towards you, but instead of carrying this out publicly you should have contacted him first and handled this privately. He is a great guy and deserves to know what happened so he can do what he needs to do to make it right, however in this instance it's not his fault I don't think. So contact him via email and see what you can discuss amongst yourselfs.

IF you read his post, hes not blaming it on Rapps - he stated Fedex just messed it up and is looking for any addition help for his arow.....wouldn't kill you to read the post first before assuming

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
IF you read his post, hes not blaming it on Rapps - he stated Fedex just messed it up and is looking for any addition help for his arow.....wouldn't kill you to read the post first before assuming
I read the post, twice in fact ... I just think he should still contact rapps and let him know. Enough with the flaming calm down maybe you missed the part where I said no disrespect??? . Sorry OP for this. But the most you can do is heavily airate the tanks they are in and keep water flowing through the gills. That's the best you can do for now. Rapps ensures his fish If you choose one day shipping when ordering from him.

funcolandtrav

Gambusia
MFK Member
Agree with above....Dude didn't mention anything negative in regards to Rapps SMH.....As far as anything more you can do, I don't think so. I would definitely reach out to Rapps and explain the issue. I have purchased from him in the past and will never have anything bad to say. I'm assuming the time of year impacted the transit time. Good luck and I appreciate you working to save the fish :) Keep us updated.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I would definitely reach out to Rapps and explain the issue. I have purchased from him in the past and will never have anything bad to say.
That's all I'm trying to say. I never said he spoke bad of him. Maybe I said things the wrong way, I don't know.

mscamp02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
Mt. Sterling KY

I have been in contact with him via email today. Jeff is a great guy and I will gladly buy from him again. The reason for posting is simply to get a faster response because I am worried for the fish and would like to keep him alive if at all possible.

It is Christmas eve and I cannot expect him to turn around and immediately email me back and I will certainly not call this late on the 24th.

This isn't a private matter or a dispute with the vendor, simply a question for some quick help which is why I can to mfk. Jeff has been answering my emails and has done everything great on his end. This is post transaction health issue due to the carrier as I stated originally. Never did I say it was his fault.

mscamp02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
Mt. Sterling KY
Agree with above....Dude didn't mention anything negative in regards to Rapps SMH.....As far as anything more you can do, I don't think so. I would definitely reach out to Rapps and explain the issue. I have purchased from him in the past and will never have anything bad to say. I'm assuming the time of year impacted the transit time. Good luck and I appreciate you working to save the fish :) Keep us updated.

I should have probably clarified in the original post that I have been in email contact since they arrived.

So as far as aeration and flow, I have him about a foot away from my airstone there's decent flow in the tank. Should I move him closer, or try to prop him upright or leave him alone on his side?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store